Ten Rules for a Happy Marriage
Dear Abby shared a list of Ten Rules for a Happy Marriage from a couple who reached their 50th anniversary and successfully made their marriage a promise for life.
See how many of these are rules you live by:
- Never both be angry at the same time.
- Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
- If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
- If you must criticize, do it lovingly.
- Never bring up mistakes of the past.
- Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
- Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
- At least once every day say a kind or complimentary word to your life partner.
- When you have done something wrong, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
- Remember it takes two to make a quarrel.